Arizona Drug Offenses Defense Attorney
Although Arizona drug laws have changed recently, it is no secret that Arizona still has some of the harshest drug laws in the country for both personal possession and sales. If convicted of a drug crime one can face serious jail or prison time as well as monetary fines up to $150,000.
For example, possession with the intent to sell less than two pounds of marijuana is a class 4 felony punishable by a minimum sentence of 1 year and a maximum sentence of 3.75 years.
When facing these types of life-altering consequences, do you really want to leave your future in the hands of an inexperienced defense team?
If you have been accused of a drug crime, but are not yet charged, or believe you may be under investigation for a drug crime, or have been charged with a drug offense, you immediately need an experienced, aggressive drug crimes attorney to protect your rights and to fight for you! A seasoned, drug crimes attorney can provide you a battle plan to attack the allegations; a path toward challenging the constitutionality of the search or seizure; and the insulation to avoid being interrogated by detectives or investigators.
Proven & Recognized Drug Offense Lawyers
Attorney Todd E. Nolan is board certified by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as a criminal law specialist. Both his devotion to and fight for his clients over the past 19 years has been extensively recognized – The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers Criminal Defense (2013 – 2021); The National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Lawyers Criminal Defense (2016); The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys (2016 – 2021); Lawyers of Distinction Criminal Defense Law (2021); American Institute of Trial Attorneys Criminal Law Litigator of the Year (2020); The National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys Top Ten Attorney (2019 – 2021); Attorney & Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney (2019 – 2021); Attorney & Practice Magazine’s Top 10 DUI Defense Attorney (2019 – 2021); Best of the Best Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney (2020); Best of the Best Top 10 DUI Defense Attorney (2020); American Association of Attorney Advocates Top-Ranking Law Firm DUI Defense Law (2021) and American Association of Attorney Advocates Top-Ranking Law Firm Criminal Defense Law (2021).
The team at the Nolan Law Firm will work tirelessly on your behalf to find a way out and to minimize the impact on your life.
Arizona Drug Offenses
The seasoned attorneys at the Nolan Law Firm provide an aggressive defense against drug offenses, including without limitation:
- Possession and Sale of Peyote (A.R.S. §13-3402)
- Possession and Sale of Vapor-Releasing Substance (A.R.S. §13-3403)
- Possession for Sale of Nitrous Oxide Containers to Minors (A.R.S. §13-3403.01)
- Possession for Sale of Nitrous Oxide Containers to Underage Persons (A.R.S. §13-3403.02)
- Possession for Sale of Precursor or Regulated Chemicals (A.R.S. §13-3404)
- Possession or Sale of Precursor Chemicals (A.R.S. §13-3404.01)
- Possession, Use, Sale, Manufacture, or Transportation of Prescription-Only Drugs (A.R.S. §13-3406)
- Possession, Use, Sale, Manufacture, or Transportation of Dangerous Drugs (A.R.S. §13-3407)
- Manufacturing Methamphetamine Under Circumstances that Cause Physical Injury to Minor (A.R.S. §13-3407.01)
- Possession, Use, Sale, Manufacture, or Transportation of Narcotic Drugs (A.R.S. §13-3408)
- Involving or Using Minors in a Drug Offense (A.R.S. §13-3409)
- Serious Drug Offender Allegation (A.R.S. §13-3410)
- Possession for Sale in a Drug Free School Zone (A.R.S. §13-3411)
- Prescribing Controlled Substances for Seriously Ill and Terminally Ill Patients (A.R.S. §13-3412.01)
- Possession, Manufacture, Delivery, and Advertisement of Drug Paraphernalia (A.R.S. §13-3415)
- Use of Wire Communication or Electronic Communication in Drug Related Transactions (A.R.S. §13-3417)
- Using Building for Sale or Manufacture of Dangerous or Narcotic Drugs (A.R.S. §13-3421)
- Manufacture or Distribution of Imitation Substances (A.R.S. §13-3452 et al.)
If you have been charged with possessing a narcotic drug (cocaine, heroin, opium, morphine, oxycodone, etc.) or a dangerous drug (LSD, ecstasy, methamphetamines, steroids, hallucinogenic mushrooms, GHB, mescaline), the consequences can be life-altering and stigmatizing. You owe it to yourself to contact the Nolan Law Firm today!
Arizona Drug Sales Crimes
As strict as the possession laws are in Arizona, the penalties for selling drugs are infinitely higher. Possessing narcotics for sale is a Class 2 felony and carries a potential sentence of up to 5 years in prison. Possessing a dangerous drug for sale is a Class 5 felony under Arizona drug laws, and carries a sentence of up to 1 ½ years in prison.
Intent to distribute methamphetamine has even stricter sentencing as you will not be eligible for a suspension of your sentence, probation, or parole.
“Threshold Amount” Defense
Aggressively attacking the “threshold amount” in a drug case can have a big impact. If the State can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you possessed a quantity of drugs in excess of the statutory threshold, then you face mandatory prison, even on a first offense.
“Threshold amount” means a weight, market value, or other forms of measurement of an unlawful substance as follows:
We Are Never Outworked
At The Nolan Law Firm, we have decades of combined criminal defense experience, including two attorneys who are certified by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as criminal law specialists. Years of serving and fighting for our clients have taught us how to fight for the best possible outcomes for our clients. We know how to conduct thorough investigations and get ahead of criminal investigations. We are a team known for our ability to truly help people who are facing the most difficult situations.
Contact Us Today For Help
Do not hesitate to begin building a defense against drug crime charges. Turn to The Nolan Law Firm. To schedule an initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call (480) 773-7901 or contact us online.