Arizona’s Assault Charges Attorney
Assault Charges: Has Your Side Of The Story Been Heard?
Assault charges can be based on the police having only considered one side of the story. There may be much more to what happened, but it may not have been considered and you are left facing criminal charges.
That would be less troubling if assault was not such a serious charge. A criminal conviction on assault charges can lead to years in prison depending on the circumstances of the case.
Arizona Assault Classifications
Arizona state law divides assault into three categories:
- Class 1 assault: This is the most serious. The state must prove you intentionally, recklessly or knowingly caused physical harm to another person.
- Class 2 assault: The state must prove you intentionally placed another person in fear of an imminent physical harm.
- Class 3 assault: The state must prove you touched another person with an intent to injure, insult or provoke the other person.
Then there is aggravated assault, which is a category of its own. If you are convicted, you will go to prison. The state must prove you:
- Caused serious physical injury or substantial disfigurement to another person
- Used a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument to intentionally place somebody in imminent fear of serious physical injury
- Committed an ordinary assault on a public worker
Your freedom and your future are at stake when you have been charged with assault.
Have The Police Done What They Should Have?
A strong defense can begin by examining whether the police followed their own best practices in conducting an investigation. Did they ask the right questions? Did they follow up on potential leads or did they just follow their first hunch? We will closely examine the police work that went into the charges you are facing. Any failure to respect your rights or to conduct a rigorous investigation can serve as the basis for a strong defense.
The lawyers at The Nolan Law Firm will work to identify any possible misidentification or other issues that could have led to you facing charges.
We Can Fight For You
At The Nolan Law Firm, our attorneys have decades of combined experience fighting for the best possible outcomes for our clients. We know how important it is to put in the hard work that is required to identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case against you. Let us build the case that you need to fight your assault charges.